Reading Islamic dawah Websites is quite thrilling. One of them says: “There are many aspects of unity in Islam, such as One Lord, one Book, one Prophet, one religion, one qiblah, one ummah.”
I’m convinced that the folks who write these stuffs are so removed from reality that they live in their own world. They write from that fantasy world.
One of the realities unfolding in different parts of the world is Muslim-on-Muslim violence. For example, the Sunni and Shi’ites Muslims both believe in Allah, Muhammad and the Quran, yet, all through the centuries down to the present day, they have hated, fought and slaughtered each another even while praying to the same Allah. Here in Nigeria, the Boko Haram Islamic group has repeatedly declared war key Muslims opposing their agenda. Consequently, mosques have been bombed and many Muslims killed.
Two Islamic nations – Iraq and Iran – warred for 8 years with Muslims dying on both sides until “infidel” America intervened to restore peace among “peaceful” Muslims. Thousands of Muslims in Afghanistan were killed by the Talibans who insisted on a stricter form of Islam. While delusional Muslim apologists blame the West for these, it’s becoming clear that Islam carries the seed of self-destruction that may snuff it out of existence.
Islamic scholar, Abdul A’La Maududi informs us that “clear demarcation has been drawn between the hypocritical ‘Muslims’ and the true Muslims, and instructions have been given regarding the treatment that should be meted out to the hypocrites.” (The Meaning of the Quran, 2:229) Thus, in Islam all Muslims are not equal; some are more equal than others.
From Muhammad’s examples, there are certain situations in which Muslims are to war against their fellows:
1. When Muhammad had problems with Muslim tribes who refuse to participate in jihad, he called them hypocrites and declared war on them.
“O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers AND THE HYPOCRITES! Be harsh with them…” (Q 9:73).
2. When some Muslims still wanted to get interests from those who owed them money, contrary to Muhammad’s teachings, he said: “give up what remains (due to you) from usury (interest)…And if you do not, then be warned of WAR (AGAINST YOU) FROM ALLAH and His messenger.” (Q2:278-9)
That is, Allah and Muhammad can wage war on Muslims the same way they do on “infidels.”
3. Muslims who deviate from Islam are to be fought until they return to Allah’s ordinances.
“And if two parties of believers fall to fighting then make peace within them. And if one party of them doeth wrong to the other, FIGHT YE THAT WHICH DOETH WRONG till it return unto the ordinance of Allah; then if it return, make peace between them justly and act equitable.” (Q 49:9)
4. Like Muhammad, Muslims are to fight the “HYPOCRITES and those WHOSE HEART IS A DISEASE, and the alarmist” – these are those who criticise Islamic jihad. The Quran says Muslims are “accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter.” (Q 33:60-61)
5. Muslims who don’t perform salat are also hypocrites who deserve to be killed. Muhammad said:
“No prayer is harder for the hypocrite than the morning and night prayers…Certainly I decided to order…a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses.” (Bukhari 29:5:52)
This gives us a glimpse into Muhammad’s mindset. He couldn’t stand being disobeyed. With this legacy, he has established a sick society that licenses killing people on the ground of disagreement with the established dogma.
6. Muhammad said: “My ummah [Muslim community] will split into seventy-three sects, all of whom will be in Hell except one group” When his hearers asked which sect is the true one he said ‘[Those who follow] that which I and my companions follow’ (Sahih Tirmidhi, 2641).
Today, Islam has splintered into hundreds of sects and sub-sects, but since Muhammad didn’t specifically mention which sect is the true one, Muslim sects have cursed, fought, persecuted and denounced one another heretics and “firewood for hell” for centuries. Islamic writings also call for the death of Muslims who take alcohol; introduce innovations (bid’a) into Islam and war against mosques that deviate into shirk (polytheism).
On such grounds, a Muslim faction can spring up and declare their own version of islam as the only true path and call for war against heretics. This is why islamic militant groups also kill Muslims who oppose their agenda.
One of the greatest gifts God has given to mankind is the gift of freedom but Islam makes people abdicate it, turning them into hateful lots or mindless killing machines. This must lead to a fundamental question: can a religion so marred by hate and intolerance within its fold exhibit love and tolerance towards others? The answer is “No.”